We have three fall sports we've all been busy training for: soccer, cyclecross, and potty training.
There are no humiliating photos of H sitting on the potty reading books posted here, but they do exist.
The photo of the kids on the playground is from this past weekend's cyclecross race in Ranier, OR. John didn't race, and I can't take photos and ride at the same time; so I have no action shots to post.
J has been playing soccer this fall. They don't actually play any REAL games, just scrimmage with each other during practice. But they gave the kids a uniform which they were supposed to wear to picture day. I couldn't bring myself to pay for photos of a team that wasn't really a TEAM, but obnoxious mom that I am, I took my camera to take a few action shots while they were in uniform. J has made great strides from the first practice. That day he had a sit down strike on the field and declared that he didn't like soccer and
J's friend in the middle photo was his best pal at Wee Works. They go to different schools, but they have rediscovered each other at the pool this summer and then again at soccer. That's what I love about this neighborhood. Portland may be big, but we might as well live in a small town.
It's amazing how fast the kids are growing and how much they are both learning. It's something new and funny and cool every day.

No comments:
Post a Comment